sábado, 3 de diciembre de 2022

1.1 Are you really my friends?

 1. Complete the article about social networking with the correct form of the verbs in brackets: present simple, present continuous or present perfect.

Over the last ten years, social networking                     (grow) from just another internet trend to a global obsession. Over four billion people regularly                               (access) social networking sites on mobile devices. Check out these amazing facts that show how social networking                               (still/change) the way we communicate day by day.

  • 23% of Facebook users                             (check) their accounts five times or more every day.
  • The number of Twitter users aged 55-64                                  (increase) more than any other age group at present.
  • Instagram users                            (already/upload) more than sixteen billion photos.
  • Goggle+                                      (currently/grow) at a rate of 33% per year.
  • YouTube                                           (have) over one billion unique visitor per month.
  • In the last minute, more than 2.000 people                                         (just/check) in on Foursquare to let their friends know where they are.

2. Cross out the incorrect word or phrase in each sentence.

  1. I've already /yet/ just met him. He seems like a nice person.
  2. I´m not looking at any of my emails this week / at the moment/ all the time. I'm on holiday.
  3. We already /always /usually have a good time when we together.
  4. I haven't seem him online for a long time / lately / at the moment. 
  5. I chat on Skype with my friends who are abroad every week / now / all the time.
  6. Because of my new job, I'm meeting a lot of new people every time /these days/ nowadays.

3. Read about a social networking site and choose the correct options to complete the text. 

 Work for LinkedIn

 Have you heard / Did you hear of LinkedIn? It is a social networking site for professionals. It was launched in 2003 and is now uses mainly for professional networking.

The number of LinkIn users   is increasing /increases    very fast: two new members join the website every second. It now is having / has over 280 million users, and 40% of them have checked / check their profile every day. 

Professional nowadays use/have used the site to find jobs and business opportunities, and companies search for potential candidates. User can follow different companies and also see who already visited/has already visited their profile page.

Other features includes /are including groups and online conversations. It is estimated that over 200 conversations  are talking place /have taken place right now.


4a. Match questions 1-6 to answer a-f.

1. Do you get on well with your neighbors?
c. Not really. I don't even know their names!.

2. Do you have a lot in common with your partner?
f. Yeah, we like the same music, book and lots of other things

3. When was the last time you had an argument with your best friends?
a. Yesterday! But it was about something stupid, and we've already forgotten about it.

4. How often do you meet up with your friends ?
d. Usually once a week, on Fridays.

5. Do you make new friends easily?
e. Yes, I'm very sociable. People think I'm crazy because I talk to everyone on the bus!.

6. How many old classmates do you keep in touch with?
b. Maybe four or five, but just on Facebook.

1.1. )) Listen and check.

5. Put the word in brackets in the correct place in each sentence.

  1. I fell with my partner once because of football. (out)
  2. My parents helped me when I didn't have enough money. (out)
  3. I get well with everybody from work. (on)
  4. I´m terrible at getting touch with distant relatives. (in)
  5. I met up people from work to celebrate a birthday las week. (with)

6. Complete the opinions on social networking with verbs from the box.

have    help   keep  make    trust

  1. Social networking is great to      keep        in touch with people who live far away. 
  2. When I have a problem with my English homework, I can always find someone online to      help          me out.
  3. I never      trust        people I meet on social networking sites; it's too dangerous.
  4. I like joining online groups because you can meet people you      have        a lot in common with.
  5. Social networking is a great opportunity to         make           friends with people all over the planet.
7. a. 1.2)) Listen and repeat.    
                                                       get_on                         I get on well with her.
                                                       met_up                        I met up with my mates yesterdays.

  .b Choose the correct options to complete the rule.
      
These words are linked (pronounced as one word ) because the first word ends with a *consonant/vowel sound and the second word start with a  *consonant/vowel sound

  .c 1.3)) Listen and link the words. The number f links is given in brackets nest to the sentences.

  1. I make_an_effort to get_in touch with distant relatives. (3)
  2. I have_a lot_in common with_all my classmates. (3)
  3. Could_you help_Adam out? (2)
  4. I keep_in touch with_old friends. (2)
  5. I had_an_argument with_an_assistant. (4)
  6. It´s_a shame you fell_out with_Alice. (3)
 .d 1.3)) Listen again. Pause the listening and repeat after each sentence.















No hay comentarios:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

divertic

eLIVE... la prensa de signos